Thursday 29 October 2009

LIPSTICK Inspired KITSCH Interiors.....

I always feel elated when I look at the bright colours of these lipsticks that it inspired me to create some kitsch interiors. Take a look at the moodboard below.....
This moodboard is done using the colours of the above picture and adding a few more....
I think at some point of our lives, we aspire for such kitsch interiors...it may not be for a long time...but maybe as a temporary arrangement....look at some pictures below from our daily life....(all images from internet....collaged by me)
If you called this below picture KITSCH..........then I think that Kitsch is still very evident especially when you want to make a bold statement. We use such tents in south India, when we have some special occassions.......or where the look needs to be bold and stand out.....
So, would you like or appreciate kitschy interiors for yourself at home.... or where would you like to see it....please write or if you already have something in your homes....please share a picture with us....

7 comments:

Preethi Prabhu said...

Hi Vasu, i hope u wont mind me calling u that..
i would love to have the Bollywood decor for a limited period of time, a lot of bright colors, bling and some drama. But im not sure how to create a deep impact.
I love ur mood boards, is it just one of your ideas or does it have any science or analysis behind it??

Bhar said...

Hey vasu...ur display pic is so creative kane...just love it!!

Vasudha Narasimhan said...

hi preeti
moodboard does sure have a way of doing it professionally....will revert to u with respect to that saree which you mentioned...sorry for the delay...

hi bhar...
i am so happy to note that u r following my blog... thanx so much for the compliment....just experimenting

Deepa Gopal said...

Hey Vasudha

Nice to see the developments in your blog. Nice info:)

Anonymous said...

What lovely colours... I just love seeing colours like this and am always inspired to try new colours at home..

Sharon said...

hey there! this is such a coincidence. i jst did a blog post on the indian look(http://www.thekeybunch.com/2009/12/want-indian-decor-avoid-these-mistakes.html), and I have dwelt a bit on kitsch.

Sharon

junemoon said...

Hi
Just discovered this blog and saw the Indian textiles which I do have many of, framed, and some embroidered and applique items I cover an ottoman with.Also have African textiles framed and many throw pillow with textiles from parts of India as well.I love bright colors of red and yellows and use that to decorate a room that is mostly in shades of cream,like using color on a blank canvas.