Monday 29 June 2009

My recent project ..........KITCHEN

I just finished working on this kitchen project and I am very happy about the outcome. Please take a look.


The client wanted a neutral scheme in the kitchen. So, I chose to use the natural shades of wood in beige and dark oak. As she is an avid collector of artefacts, she wanted some space to exclusively display them. So, I suggested some open cupboards which can pre-dominently display her collection. As the whole kitchen was in neutral, I decided to use Yellow as the backsplash tile colour. Since yellow is the colour of the sun, this colour helps in achieving a fresh, lively and clean feel to the kitchen. It is also believed that yellow colour induces appetite and so an ideal choice in the kitchen and dining area.



All boxes are pre-laminated particle board from EUROPLAK Kitchens.

4 comments:

lakshmi said...

beautiful
wish I had come across your blog few months before......it would have been a wonderful help in setting up my new home.
Better late than never........i sure would be using some of the tips given herein
thanks

Vasudha Narasimhan said...

hi lakshmi....

thank u very much for the kind words...please feel free to write to me regarding your queries.....

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!! Extremely functional!! I like the open shelves..

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Its Very Nice!!! Nice creative and really spacious thought. I like natural shades and dark oak and also installed one of the unique patterns of Modular Kitchen in Pondicherry.