Tuesday 14 July 2009

My motivation to become a Designer....

In 2005, I decorated this beautiful 1900 sqft home of mine.... solely by whatever I found interesting and beautiful to decorate. I was not aware of what style I was choosing........what colour scheme I was going in for............but the outcome was very satisfying. This apartment made me pursue my interest further and today I am a full fledged certifed Interior Designer. I stumbled upon some pictures of my home. Please take a look.
Verandah....or simply the Entrance to the apartment...
Living Room
Textured Wall with Slate wall murals depicting traditional vedic designs....Dining area...A traditional kerala door for the pooja area...My Kitchen...My grandmother's 100 year old cane fruit basket...
Common BathroomBaby Nursing Room.....
Study / Computer Room....Master Bathroom....Terrace ....open to sky..........Master Bedroom in Blue....

9 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments.
I have been browsing through your blog and have enjoyed it immensely. No doubt that your colour and design sense is superb. Thank you for sharing a some of your lovely spaces in your home.

Veda said...

wow.....it looks so beautiful! i bet u miss staying in the place!

Doodleduck said...

Pretty.....I liked the Puja room door.

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

Thanks for sharing the design tips.do try and visit ,Celebations of life and Celebrations decor.

Prasukitchen.blogspot.com said...

lovely pics ... puja door is awesome so d urs living room too ...
great colors vasudha

Sravi said...

hi vasudha... u hv a great setup!
i hv an open terrace in my house..as you do.. and some greenary!i wanted to get some garden furniture,which i can place there...all that i hv found in chennai are metal/steel ones.. which i feel will get hot and hence cannot be used till it cools down....

what kinda furniture would u suggest?also,which material/stuff i should use for a temperory roof?

thank you for ur time!

Sravi

Anonymous said...

Amazing design!! Check out the wide range of Apartment Furniture

from Casamodern.com

Anonymous said...

Find the best online Designer Bedroom Furniture India at theurbandecor.com.It has more varieties to choose & it also presents an extensive range of Modern furniture india ,designer bedroom furniture and home Furnishings.

Anonymous said...

Find the best online Designer Bedroom Furniture India at theurbandecor.com.It has more varieties to choose & it also presents an extensive range of Modern furniture india ,designer bedroom furniture and home Furnishings.