Friday 12 June 2009

Service Apartment designed in 2006

Interestingly, I found some pictures of my work which I did for my sister's apartment in 2006. I was not a certified Interior designer back then. But the sheer passion for designing homes of people made me do this. This was to be designed as a service apartment for a company. They gave me a very low budget and I had to stick to this. So, I decided to work on the walls. During that time, dark coloured walls were the in-thing.....Although I could not get many pictures....here are a few for a glimpse.....

After I was trained to be an interior designer.....I realiséd the pluses and minuses of my design....Although I would opt for the blue bedroom and vouch for the bouganvilla coloured living room, I would definitely not go in for the bright orange bedroom. It seems too harsh for me now....But would you believe...when I said that a french guy who resides there loves this orange bedroom and he even called me up to appreciate it.......tastes obviously differ.....

8 comments:

→lisa said...

Nice! (and I like the orange bedroom, too)

It's always interesting for me to go back and look at a previous project and see how I've changed and how I might do things a bit differently now.

I also like the new lacy pink background on your blog, it's very pretty.

Doodleduck said...

Hey!I like the orange bedroom,too ;-)....I guess,the colour orange has been levelled out with the other neutral shades in the room...oh and the terracotta horses livened up the room!!

Madhavi said...

I like the living room and love the bamboo lamp shade.Could you tell us where did u buy it in B'lore?I saw one like that here in UK for around 50 pounds

Yet said...

My fav is the Orange and yellow also! You really did a great job with a low budget!

Vasudha Narasimhan said...

hi parallel botany... thank u so much for the comments...

doodleduck & yet....I am so happy that you liked the orange room...

Hey Madhavi....
You will find such lampshades in cane market in shivajinagar, bangalore. I paid Rs. 300 in 2006....It would be between Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000 now and not more than that.....I recently visited this place and found out that there are a lot of new types. Will try to collect some more info the next time I go therĂȘ and probably write a post on that....

Regards
Vasudha

madhavi said...

thanks for the info vasudha.Looks like cane market would be an interesting place to shop.plz do write and article about it.waiting wagerly for it.

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I think you did a very nice job with your use of color. well done!

nancy said...

Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!