Thinking of what to do with all the left over paints in your containers. Then this is what you should do. Try this technique of using your last few drops of paint creatively. This is solely for non-artistic people.
Call this Modern or Contemporary art or an item of dramaticism..................
Things you will need:
- a few flavoured milk bottles (Nandini milk bottles to be precise)
- 1 round paint brush
- Oil enamel paint- Base colour of your choice...(here it would be whichever colour is more in quantity)
- Oil enamel paint- a few droplets of all the leftover paints
- a litre of water
- a waste cloth
- 20 mins of your time.
- Clean the bottles and wipe them dry.
- Apply a base coat (oil enamel) in any colour of your choice.
- Ensure that you either apply the paint to the bottom half or top half of the bottle for two reasons. One, it looks nice to create a pattern with bottles if you have many. Two, If you paint the whole bottle, you may end up leaving finger prints. If you still want to paint the complete bottle, ensure that you do the top half first and then do the bottom half.
- Now take a large bowl of water, add a few drops of different colours of paint. Do not worry about being precise...remember, i already mentioned that this needs no skills of art.
- Use a toothpick to stir the paint in order to create random patterns. To give some punch to this lets call this retro pattern.
- Without wasting any time, you have to dip the painted portion of the bottle into this water carefully without stirring the water. Slowly immerse the bottle once and take it out. Do not repeat this step.
- Allow the bottle to dry.
VOILA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!your vases are ready and it takes only a few minutes..........LITERALLY!!!!
Please write to me if you have any queries before doing this.